Closing Date: January 15, 2021
ategi is a growing not-for-profit provider of support services in Wales and England. The organisation currently offers three services; Shared Lives, Supported Living and Visiting Support. Our services provide support to service users with a range of needs, and although not exhaustive, these include learning disabilities, dementia & ill mental health. Our services are designed for the specific needs of each person we support and are therefore personalised and clear. We work in a way that puts the people we support at the centre of their lives and the choices they make. The work we do at ategi can really positively affect people’s lives and every role from office-based to frontline care plays a part in that. We are regulated in Wales by Care Inspectorate Wales and in England by Care Quality Commission.
Why join ategi?
It is an exciting time to be joining ategi as we are undergoing significant improvement in our communications and marketing functions to ensure more of its key audiences and stakeholders engage with it than ever before. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious 16-24 year old looking to start their carer in communications in the charity sector.
Working closely with and reporting to the Communications and Engagement Manager, you will support them to plan and develop social media content, review and draft website content, and support the communications, fundraising and business development team.
The successful candidate will receive invaluable on the job training and will have mentors available to train and support whenever required.
In addition, the young person will complete the mandatory and role-specific training courses needed for their role for example: Fire Safety Training, Safeguarding Equality, Diversity & Inclusion etc. These training courses may be online or face-to-face.
There is also an opportunity to work closely with other areas of the business meaning they can learn more about different departments. This knowledge of other departments will really help you develop in your role and understand the business in a wider organisational context.
Finally, we will hold specific coaching for our Kickstart colleagues such as CV, Interview and LinkedIn Workshops, which will be covered by our HR team.
Main duties include:
– Managing Social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin)
– Plan and schedule social media posts using Lightful
– Develop social media campaigns
– Building relationships on social channels
– Logging and keeping track of social media data
– Producing social media reports
– Design animated posters and images to accompany posts using Canva
– Content management (Logging and archiving our photo and video content)
– Updating the website
– Reviewing the website, and revising and drafting content
– Researching/ identifying opportunities to write news stories
– Creating a list of press contacts
– General support for Business Development
– Fundraising support
– Reviewing the fundraising database for small grants opportunities, and working with colleagues to draft initial proposals.
English GCSE Grade C or above.
This is an entry-level position so no previous experience is required as all training will be given. What is most important is the applicant have a proactive eagerness to learn.
Desirable skills and experience:
– Proficient use of Microsoft office programmes, particularly MS Word and Excel
– Developed understanding of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin)
– Ability to multi-task and manage several pieces of work
– Demonstrable interest in working in the charity sector
– Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
Applicants must be 16-24 and currently receiving Universal Credit.
25 hours a week/ 3 days
Flexible days – Fixed hours: 09:00 – 17:00
The post is a 6 month contract
£9.50 per hour – Real Living Wage